10 Kite Crafts for Kids
Are you in need of some family activities to keep your kiddos entertained? Try making one of these fabulous kites in this craft round-up.
All of these crafty kites are kid-friendly, can be made on a budget, and turn out so cute. Your kids will love watching their handiwork soar through the air.
- 01of 10Kite Craft With Drinking Straws
- How cute would this kite garland look at a summer birthday party? It’s super easy to make with drinking straws and tissue paper.
- 02of 10Easy Watercolor Kite
- Use a watercolor technique to make these pretty kites. Your crafty kiddos can get creative with all the different colors of the rainbow. Hang these in your home for spring decor.
- 03of 10Mini Paper Kites
- Get outside with these mini paper kites and watch them soar through the wind. These are super simple to craft in one afternoon with your kiddos.
- 04of 10Pasta Noodle Kite
- Bowtie pasta noodles make the perfect bows on a kite string. This is an easy project that even the littlest crafters can accomplish.
- 05of 10Lunch Sack Kite
- You can make your kite out of a classic brown lunch sack. Decorate with markers, stickers, glitter–or anything you’d like.
- 06of 10Kite With Streamers
- Your kids can make these crafty kites all on their own. Attach streamers at the bottom of the kite to help it fly through the sky.
- 07of 10Stained Glass Kite
- Aren’t these kites beautiful? They make such lovely window decorations for your home. Use tissue paper to get that stained glass effect.
- 08of 10Plastic Bag Kite
- Looking for a super easy activity that uses inexpensive materials? Try this awesomely simple plastic bag kite. This craft is a great way to recycle old plastic bags from your trips to the grocery store or pharmacy.
- 09of 10Simple Personalized Kite
- Learn how to make a simple, but also super cute, kite with this video tutorial. You’ll only need a light breeze to get this kite to fly.
- 10of 10Rainbow Windsock
- Make your kite a permanent decoration with this easy rainbow windsock. Use material from around the house and streamers leftover from your last party to put this cute craft together.