15 Crochet Blankets to Keep You Cozy
Crochet blankets are a popular choice for stitchers because of how versatile they are. They can be made in any stitch pattern, yarn weight, and size—including tiny baby blankets. All crochet blankets will keep you and your loved ones cozy, making you feel good both as you craft them and as you use them.
Here are 15 crochet blanket patterns that showcase the variety and possibility inherent in this type of project.
- 01of 15Cheerful Ripple Crochet Blanket
- Some of the most popular crochet blanket designs are striped designs, and a favorite variation on this is chevron striping. This free pattern showcases that classic design in bright, bold colors. It is called the Cheerful Ripple, and you will experience that cheer as soon as you begin to work on it.
- 02of 15Corner-to-Corner Chevron Crochet Baby Blanket
- For a fun twist on the chevron stripe, learn how to do it using corner-to-corner crochet. This free baby blanket pattern teaches you how. The design is one that you can easily grow to make other blanket sizes, too. The thick texture is extra cozy, while the design is super chic.
- 03of 15ZigZag Crochet Blanket
- Crochet designer Amanda Perkins has terrific talent when it comes to combining shapes and colors to create the coziest of blankets. This one, via Ravelry, is a colorful zigzag built from crochet triangles. It is a variation on chevron stripes made in a much more unique way. Tackling this pattern is an exciting challenge.
- 04of 15Rickrack Stripe Baby Blanket
- Take crochet striped blankets to the next level with this pretty rickrack-inspired design. The rickrack shapes are created using a variety of cluster stitches. This crochet blanket is colorful and incorporates a lot of fun stitches, so it is a true joy to crochet. It makes a great baby shower gift.
- 05of 15Rose Field Crochet Blanket Pattern
- One of the prettiest crochet blanket designs is this one made of up textural crochet roses. Playing with colors will put your personal twist on this already unique design. Create them all in a single color, in Valentine’s-inspired colors as shown in the original design, or a whole sea of different shades.
- 06of 15Demelza Crochet Blanket
- This crochet blanket pattern has almost everything you could want: tons of color, granny squares in varied sizes, flower squares, and textured crochet flowers. Plus, believe it or not, this wonder is a free crochet pattern. Pick your own color palette to put your spin on it.
- 07of 15Princess Dress Crochet Blanket Pattern
- There are a lot of fun crochet blanket designs that function a bit like costumes, and some of the prettiest are the princess dress crochet blankets. The blanket is shaped like the flat front of a dress and has arms to snuggle into. The designer of this one also has different designs in yellow and purple, so you can be cozy while dressing up to look like your favorite characters.
- 08of 15V-Stitch Crochet Doll Blanket
- Crochet blankets can be made in tiny sizes—even sizes fit for dolls. This free pattern is for 18-inch dolls. It uses the fun and easy V-stitch and can certainly be adapted for larger blankets as well. A crochet blanket like this is also cozy for newborns.
- 09of 15Victoria Afghan Crochet Pattern
- This cozy, chunky crochet blanket pattern is designed in six different sizes, from a small doll blanket to a bedspread for a queen-size bed. Make one for every member of the family. It’s an easy pattern to create, and you can personalize it with colors.
- 10of 15Follow Your Heart Crochet Blanket Pattern
- The pretty stripes on this colorful crochet blanket pattern are rich with texture. Look closely, and you will realize that they have a repeating heart shape in the design. This crochet blanket would make a great gift for someone you love.
- 11of 15Casablanca Crochet Blanket Free Pattern
- This super cozy blanket is made with eco-cotton yarn, so it’s kind to the environment and soft on your skin. The design puts a twist on the trend of diamond motif blankets by adding puffy pom-poms to the edge. The mostly gray blanket is dressed up with pretty pops of pink color. It is sophisticated but also joyful.
- 12of 15Moroccan Garden Tiles Free Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Notice the colorful crochet flowers encased inside of a paisley-style curved motif, which is accented by dark edges. This is an original, inspiring crochet pattern that can be adapted to make a blanket of any size simply by adding or decreasing the number of motifs used. When you want to make a crochet blanket that is different from anything you have ever made before, this is the pattern to try.
- 13of 15Shell Stitch Blanket Pattern
- One great approach to crochet blanket design is to use a beautiful repeating stitch pattern. Look for something complex enough that you learn a new technique but repetitive enough that you can relax while crocheting. This variation on a crochet shell stitch blanket is a great example.
- 14of 15Enormous Squishy Blanket Free Crochet Pattern
- Just the name of this crochet blanket pattern tells you it is going to be one of the comfiest, coziest blankets you will ever make. It is made with super chunky yarn and a size 15 mm crochet hook, so it works up quickly even though it is a big project. Dive right into this one, and enjoy!
- 15of 15Tumbling Blocks Crochet Blanket
- This free crochet blanket pattern uses very simple stitches. However, it also uses strategic color changes. The result is a design that creates the illusion of 3D blocks. It’s an impressive design and one that you will be thrilled you can create yourself.